Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is really about"

Adriana and Zach are my teachers.

Zachary Michael is nine, He loves sports, reading and always has a smart come back or joke. He has a great appreciation for the military especially the Marines. There is no doubt that one day I will be a mother of a Marine.


Adriana Lee is six, She has a very sweet, caring personality, and Loves to Dance, sing, play soccer and Cheer. She has a very Bright sense of style she is a mixture of Hannah Montana and Punky Brewster!


I have been asked to start a Blog for a long time to share their humerus stories so here it goes...


This is old but is still one of my favorite stories.

I wear many hats as their mom and one is a student. It was finals week which was a week before Christmas and I was stressed to the max. Papers, Tests, Practicals, not to mention the mounds of dishes and Laundry and the presents that weren't bought. After dinner I told Zach and Adri that I needed to finish a paper and I was only asking for twenty minutes of peace and quiet. They agreed and went into the bedroom to play while I sat in the office and focused on the computer. About 10 minutes later my peace was interrupted. I could hear the wales of Adriana and Zach busted open the office door. He looked so frantic he said Mom we were wrestling and she fell off the bed her teeth are out! I jumped up and ran to the bedroom so scared of what I might find. When I made it to the bedroom she was still crying and had her hands over her mouth, I was frightened, she moved her hands and when she looked at me there wasn't a tooth in her mouth! My heart dropped my precious 4 year old had no teeth! Just then both of them began hysterically laughing. And she pulled out her fake gums that her brother had got at school and hid until the perfect opportunity. They had got me! They worked together, had a plan, and practiced their skit until it was perfect. Needless to say I was thankful that they weren't her real teeth and I waited until they were sleeping to finish that paper! They are my teachers as the quote says, the laundry and dish mounds didn't hurt anyone, the presents got bought the paper was finished. And I spent time with them which is what really matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment